Want to identify and protect your network from unwanted intrusions and threats? After all, your network contains valuable information and data that are essential to your day-to-day operations. An intrusion prevention and detection plan can offer peace of mind as it relates to your network.
Orcannus Technologies can implement sentinels (IDS - Intrusion Detection System) that monitor your network traffic. If the IDS detects a threat, it will send the information to the IPS (Intrusion Prevention System). The IPS identifies and inspects the threat, takes action to remove it then reports the action.
Apart from monitoring networks and preventing threats, IPS security is also an excellent method of preventing employees and network guests from violating corporate security policies. It allows you a certain level of control in this area.
An Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) can:
- Replace malicious parts of an email with warnings about the content that was removed
- Optimize a firewall to increase protection
- Use automated alarms to notify system administrators about possible security breaches.
- Block traffic from suspicious IT addresses
- Reset connections
This is a critical solution many businesses fail to implement within their infrastructure, leaving them extremely vulnerable to attacks.
Benefits of an Intrusion Prevention System
An IPS should be an important component of your cybersecurity strategy. The benefits include:
- Automated Solution: Businesses can enjoy high-level security solutions that quickly and automatically detect threats.
- Compliance: Investing in cybersecurity is not only important to protect your digital footprint, but it's also required for compliance. You'll also have peace of mind that your network is safe from threats.
- Enforcement: IPS/IDS solutions can help you implement internal security policies at the network level to control access to various users.
If you're ready to take control of your online presence and prevent unwanted threats from accessing valuable information, please contact us. We're happy to answer any questions you may have.